Brad Lansky in his second adventure takes place two months after the last episode. Brad and Alex have a tough time trying to get their ship to pass its maintenance review. The alien‘s viral onslaughts have left the Full Advantage riddled with software mutations and there are suspicions of even more invasive alterations. Dieter, whom they‘d rescued from the moon-swamp at Planet X, is alive but struggling to shake off his infection. Even though their mission had been highly successful by many standards, no sentient press agents on Earth have shown the slightest interest at their return. Surely their findings were newsworthy?!
Things take a turn for the worse when Dieter‘s condition deteriorates. Just then one of the most powerful AI‘s in the world requests their immediate presence and offers compelling arguments for a risky mission to an unchartered system twenty thousand light years away. Could this AI‘s theory about the origin of the alien they found at Planet X be right? If so, can they trust a fragment of this AI aboard the Full Advantage to have their well-being at heart, and for that matter, can they still rely on their own ship to bring them back safely?
And as if this mission didn‘t have enough unknowns, Brad couldn‘t deny the wishes of a dying man and has allowed Dieter to come along!
Track listing and samples from all tracks after the click below!
Track Listing of The Alien Engineer
- Track 1 – Music Intro.
- Track 2 – Ship‘s Log – The Full Advantage is parked in the AG dock above Shanghai Spaceport, anxiously awaiting her maintenance review.
- Track 3 – Dieter‘s Dream Destination – Brad and Alex take the lander down to visit Dieter in the medizone. Sandy is there to greet them.
- Track 4 – Clement II – Clement‘s robotic brain was destroyed near Planet X. Brad and Alex put Clement II‘s new brain is to work on the Full Advantage.
- Track 5 – An Audience with GAIA – The crew receive notice that a high-ranking AI would like to meet with them a.s.a.p. Alex is not amused.
- Track 6 – Giri – The AI thinks he‘s located the home world of the alien they found at Planet X. He makes his case for a joint mission to learn what Earth is dealing with.
- Track 7 – Heading out – Zara and Alex voice their concerns about the mission. Once again there are too many wildcards for a well-planned expedition.
- Track 8 – Journey up the Spiral Arm – Zara interviews the Full Advantage, hoping to understand the psychological changes the ship‘s AI-mind has undergone since it‘s return from Planet X.
- Track 9 – The Trilux System – They arrive at the Trilux star system and soon discover planet Lithom. Brad decides to make contact by going down in the lander.
- Track 10 – The Engineer – Brad and Zara meet Attos. They have much to discuss, and very little time in which to plan their next move.
- Track 11 – Battle of the Mirrors – The Grefim attacks, and the crew race to reach the Full advantage before it does.
- Track 12 – Giri Null – Giri Null explains his move and motives.
- Track 13 – Signing off – More questions….